What if I disagree with the Assessor’s value of my property?

As a property owner, you have a right to appeal your assessment. To appeal your assessment you must contact your Assessor’s Office. It would be helpful to provide information such as a recent appraisal, an opinion of value from a Licensed Realtor, or any information documenting adverse conditions that may directly affect the value of your property. If, after discussing the matter with the Assessor, a difference of opinion still exists, you may appeal your assessment to the St. Tammany Board of Review. If the Board, after hearing your petition, agrees with the Assessor, you may appeal this decision to the Louisiana State Tax Commission. If the Commission agrees with the Board and the Assessor, you can then plead your case before the courts should you choose to do so.