07 Jul What are the grounds for an appeal?
Posted at 15:32h in UncategorizedIf you believe the estimated value of your property is incorrect, you will want to know:
- How the assessor values property
- How to gather information about your property and similar properties
- How the appeals process works and what the deadlines are
- Items that affect value are incorrect on your property record. You have one bath, not two. You have a carport, not a garage. Your home has 1,600 square feet, not 2,000 square feet.
- The estimated market value is too high. You have evidence that similar properties have sold for less than the estimated market value of your property.
- The estimated market value of your property is accurate but inequitable because it is higher than the estimated value of similar properties.